- Netgear AC1200 Setup will give you an extremely fast internet connection
Netgear AC1200 Setup will give you an extremely fast internet connection by expanding the range of your existing wifi router. By Setting up Netgear AC1200 extender offers you quick WiFi performance with up to 1200 Mbps speed, With AC dual-band WiFi. The device connects to your existing WiFi network and boosts the signal’s range by using the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands.
Using a FastLane connection, this Netgear AC1200 extender connects to your current WiFi modem or router.Unlike other types of WiFi extenders, this dedicated connectivity boosts the WiFi network’s overall performance while increasing the current internet speed.
You are now quite familiar with the Netgear AC1200 extender.Let’s continue with the setup procedure.
Table of Contents
Netgear AC1200 Setup
The Netgear AC1200 setup can be done in two different ways:utilising the WPS push button and the installation assistant. Below is a brief discussion of both techniques:
Netgear AC1200 Configuration Using Installation Assistant
Use the installation assistant to install your Netgear AC1200 by following the steps below:
- Put your extender in the same room as your current router first.
- By inserting it into an electrical outlet, you can turn it on.
- Open the WiFi manager on your laptop or computer and join the network of the extender.
- Open a suitable web browser now.
- Check out the website mywifiext.net.
- Enter your username and password for login when prompted.
- Contact our knowledgeable technicians via chat or email if you continue to receive the “password and username is incorrect” error after numerous attempts to log in.
- The Netgear installation assistant will then be visible.
- Complete the steps shown on the screen to setup Netgear AC1200.
Now unplug the extender and relocate it wherever in your house you want.A certain distance should be maintained between the extender and radioactive appliances like microwaves, treadmills, washing machines, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, and refrigerators.
All of your wired and wireless devices should be reconnected to the expanded WiFi network that was just created.With the Netgear extender, you can improve your WiFi in this way.
How to Setup Netgear AC1200 Using WPS Push Button?
Having trouble with the setup described above?Don’t worry! For you, we have another option.The Netgear AC1200 setup requires the use of the WPS button.How to setup Netgear AC1200 extender with WPS is given below:
- Choose a suitable location for your AC1200 extender and turn it on.
- Now, press the device’s WPS button.
- The WPS LED light will start to blink, which you will notice. It means that the extender is being set up to work with the current router.
- Three solid green lights will eventually appear on your extender. It indicates that your extender and router’s configuration process is complete.
- Get in contact with our experts if you can’t see any LED lights on your Netgear extender.
- Repeat the previous steps once to connect the extender to the 5 GHz band on the off chance that your router supports the 5 GHz band.
Once finished, unplug the extender and put it wherever you like in the house.
Congrats! The setup and installation of your Netgear AC1200 extender is done correctly. Connect all of your WiFi-capable devices to its network to enjoy constant internet access throughout your entire house, including the backyard.
Do not hesitate to contact us for immediate assistance if you encounter any issues during the Netgear AC1200 setup.
How to enable Fastlane Technology after Netgear AC1200 Configuration?
The extender’s normal operating mode allows devices on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands to connect at the same time.This mode simultaneously extends both Wi-Fi bands while decreasing Wi-Fi performance.FastLane Technology enhances Wi-Fi performance.It offers high-speed Wi-Fi through a dedicated band connecting the extender and the Wi-Fi device, as well as a second band connecting the extender and the Wi-Fi router.FastLane Technology is ideal for high-definition gaming and video streaming.
You have two options when you enable FastLane Technology:
- Connect the extender to the Wi-Fi devices using the 2.4 GHz band and the
Wi-Fi router using the 5 GHz band.Use this mode if your Wi-Fi router supports the 5 GHz band but the devices you want to use for gaming and streaming only support the 2.4 GHz band.
- Connect the extender to the Wi-Fi devices using the 5 GHz band and the Wi-Fi router using the 2.4 GHz band.Use this mode if your gaming and streaming devices support the 5 GHz band but your Wi-Fi router only supports the 2.4 GHz band.
Steps to Enable Fastlane Technology
1. Launch an internet browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer, on your client device that is connected to your extender.
2. Enter www.mywifiext.net into your browser’s address bar.you must provide a user name and password.
3.Enter admin as the user name and your password.If you haven’t already customised your password, enter password for password.
4.The Internet Surfing radio button is enabled by default.
5.Select the radio button for FastLane Technology.
6.Select the FastLane Technology option you want to enable by clicking one of the radio buttons below.
- Only 5GHz device-to-extender communication and 2.4GHz extender-to-router communication are supported.Your Wi-Fi devices must be capable of operating in the 5 GHz band.
- Only 2.4GHz device-to-extender communication and 5GHz extender-to-router communication are supported.The 5 GHz band must be supported by your Wi-Fi router. By default, this option is enabled.
7.select Apply. Your settings have been saved.
8.If you are disconnected, reconnect your Wi-Fi device with the new settings to the extender network.
Netgear AC1200 Firmware update
Netgear AC1200 releases firmware updates on a regular basis to improve product performance, add new features, and improve security. Check that your extender is running the most recent firmware to ensure that new features are available.
Steps to update Netgear AC1200 Firmware
Follow these steps to update your Netgear AC1200 Firmware:
- Check that your extender is linked to your router’s WiFi.
- Connect to the WiFi network of your extender.Note:The WiFi network names on your router and extender may differ (SSIDs). Check that you are connected to the network of your extender.
- Your extender’s model number or product name should be entered.
- Select Downloads.
- Select a firmware version, then click Download.
- If necessary, unzip the file.
- Launch a web browser and search mywifiext.net. A login page appears.
- Enter the user name and password for the extender admin.The Status page appears. The user name and password are the ones you entered the first time you logged in. The username and password case is crucial.
- Click on Firmware update option.
- By clicking the Browse button, choose the firmware file.
- Select the upload button.
The firmware update is initiated, and the extender is restarted. It takes just two minutes to update the firmware. Warning: Do not try to connect to the internet, turn off the extender, shut down the computer, or do anything else to the extender until it has finished restarting.
Netgear AC1200 Factory Reset
A factory reset deletes all personalised settings, including your user name, password, network name (SSID), and security settings. When you are unable to recover the admin password for your WiFi range extender, a factory reset is required. A factory reset gets your device ready for a fresh installation.
Steps to perform a factory reset on your Netgear AC1200
There are multiple reasons to reset your Netgear AC1200 extender. But connectivity problems are the main cause to reset our Netgear AC1200 extender. You want to reset it to see if the issue goes away since it hasn’t worked. Follow these steps to reset your Netgear AC1200 extender.
- Plug in your extender.
- If the Power LED does not show, press the On/Off or Power button.The LED Power lights
- Wait for your extender’s LEDs to stabilise. This may take some time.
- Locate the Reset or Factory Reset button on your extender.The button is usually hidden behind a small hole on the extender’s side or bottom panel.
- Press and hold the Reset or Factory Reset button with a smoothed paper clip or similar sized object until the Power LED blinks.
- Hold it up to ten seconds in order to complete the Reset Process.
- Wait for your extender’s LEDs to stabilise. This may take some time.
Your extender has been reset and is now functional.